Tuesday, March 1, 2011

satan's tryna git me!

a few days ago i took a lovely stroll to the mailbox, minding my own business, when this monstrosity popped outta nowhere!





notice that the day i am to report is a week after i am to report to the mtc. so that's it. i'm postponing my mission for jury duty. i always knew jury duty was of the devil. haha just kiddin. i talked to an oh-so-friendly woman on the phone who told me to write a letter. hopefully she knew what she was talkin about.

also, today i got free pancakes at ihop. :D there are very few things i love more than free things. and i learned today that ihop actually stands for the international house of pancakes. i'm cool :)

6 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

Sam,

If you haven't sent the letter yet, I think they can help you if you are out of the state or out of the country. Just an idea.

TheReal.NateTucker said...

Did you really just figure that out today?
Oh Sam, that is why our family loves you so.

5plusMook said...

You are so sweet Sam!! Yes, that's what it stands for.... Lol in the dark ages, we used to say the whole thing ( before acronyms were everywhere). I have resign from many a jury duty over the years.... All you have to do is write a short note explaining in short why you will not be able to attend. It's really that easy. Let them know how long you will be gone too so the don't send another in 6 mths. :) much love to you :)

5plusMook said...

Ooooops.... Ok, so ya know, this is Trish Moncrieff... Didn't realize it would post as my google account...Lol

Danae said...

Oh Sam! That's not fun at all! I have only gotten one jury summon since turning 18 and that's when I was at school so I didn't have to report. It was great! I hope it all works out!

Samantha Marie said...

Thanks for the well-wishing and advice! :) and yes Nate this is why my family loves me so much. I have great entertainment value! :)